Originally I had planned to do 50 books for 2016.
Then I arrogantly up-ed to 70.
I read 63.
Many were repeats, but worthy repeats.
Below are a few of my favorites:
- Christ the Key by Kathryn Tanner
- Exclusion and Embrace by Miroslav Volf
- Theology as Discipleship by Keith L. Johnson
- Confessions by St. Augustine (trans. by Sister Maria Boulding)
- The Humanity of God by Karl Barth
- Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman
- Theology of the Pain of God by Kazoh Kitamori
- The Sickness Unto Death by Søren Kierkegæd
- Racial Conflict and Healing by Andrew Sung Park
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Night by Elie Wiesel
- Prophetic Lament by Soong-chan Rah
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- Knowing Jesus through the Old Testament by Christopher J.H. Wright
- Ender’s Shadow by Orson Scott Card
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
Note: All repeats were excluded from consideration.